By Elizabeth S. Radcliffe
- Demonstrates the diversity of Hume's paintings and illuminates the continued debates that it has generated
- Organized by means of topic, with introductions to every part to orient the reader
- Explores subject matters comparable to wisdom, ardour, morality, faith, economics, and politics
- Examines the paradoxes of Hume's idea and his legacy, protecting the tools, issues, and results of his contributions to philosophy
Read or Download A Companion to Hume (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best biographies & memoirs of philosophers books
Ockham defined is a vital and much-needed source on William of Ockham, some of the most vital philosophers of the center a while. His eventful and debatable existence was once marked by way of sharp occupation strikes and educational and ecclesiastical battles. At 28, Ockham was once a conservative English theologian concentrated obsessively at the nature of language, yet by means of forty, he had reworked right into a fugitive friar, accused of heresy, and eventually safe by way of the German emperor as he composed incendiary treatises calling for robust limits on papal authority.
Philosophy is formed by way of existence and lifestyles is formed by way of philosophy. this can be mirrored within the Philosophical I, a suite of sixteen autobiographical essays through favorite philosophers. Candid and philosophically insightful, those own narratives seriously name into query the assumption that philosophy might be saved cut loose the private event of philosophers.
Explorers of occult mysteries and the sides of realization swap the best way we view not just the character of truth, but in addition our private feel of self. Insightful writer Gary Lachman offers punchy, enlightening, and fascinating biographies of a few of the main influential esoteric luminaries in fresh historical past.
The identify Erasmus of Rotterdam inspires a golden age of scholarly integrity and the disinterested pursuit of information, while studying may well command public admiration with no the necessity for authorial self-promotion. Lisa Jardine, even if, indicates that Erasmus self-consciously created his personal attractiveness because the relevant determine of the ecu highbrow global.
- Nach Hause geliebt: Die wahre Geschichte einer jungen Frau, die vor Gott davonlief und in seinen Armen landete. (German Edition)
Additional resources for A Companion to Hume (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Hume (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Elizabeth S. Radcliffe