By Richard C. Selley
* thoroughly revised variation; Like its precursor, it describes sediments from sand grains to sedimentary basins; positive aspects up-to date account and critique of series and cyclostratigraphy
* greatly illustrated with pictures and remotely sensed sea mattress photographs describing sedimentary techniques, items and depositional platforms; colour plates illustrate sediment textures, lithologies, pore forms, diagenetic textures, and carbonate and clastic series stratigraphic models
* Emphasises the functions of sedimentology to the exploration for and exploitation of average assets, together with water, ores and hydrocarbons
* wide references and updated bibliography for extra study
Read or Download Applied Sedimentology PDF
Best environmental technology & engineering books
The current explosion of our tradition can't proceed indefinitely and has to be via a season of cave in. The adjustments make our current atmosphere unsuited to our, and our kid's, genes.
Sustainable improvement has been the elemental aim of the ecu Union because the Treaty of Amsterdam. After an in-depth research of the thought, the booklet is going directly to translate the idea that into possible and tangible possibilities for city and neighborhood sustainable improvement. large lists of standards and signs were constructed for extra clarification and help.
This guide is worried with constructing rules and criteria for the secure disposal of good radioactive wastes by means of burial deep within the Earth's crust. Radioactive wastes have focussed considering on long term environmental defense concerns in an unparalleled approach. accordingly, the way rules and criteria are set, and the considering at the back of this, is of wider curiosity than to the nuclear box on my own.
The e-book discusses a multi-objective optimization process in LCA that enables the versatile development of accomplished Pareto fronts to assist comprehend the weightings and relative value of its components. The method is utilized to the pertinent themes of thermochemical wooden conversion, deep geothermal strength, and neighborhood power making plans.
- Geobiotechnological Solutions to Anthropogenic Disturbances: A Caribbean Perspective (Environmental Earth Sciences)
- Ecotoxicological Characterization of Waste: Results and Experiences of an International Ring Test
- Wastewater and Public Health: Bacterial and Pharmaceutical Exposures
- Drought Management and Planning for Water Resources
Extra resources for Applied Sedimentology
Applied Sedimentology by Richard C. Selley